Linux Laptop

Florian Teply onlinefloh at web.de
Thu Feb 27 11:45:22 PST 2003

Rainer Peter Feller wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Ian Molton wrote:
>

>>there are ARM designs using 1000mAH 4.5V cells that last (just) two
>>weeks.
Are you really talking about 4.5 Wh for two weeks? this means a total
power consumption of, lets see, 24 hours/day x 7 days/week x 2 weeks
=about 300-350 hours hmmmm... about 15mW of total power consumption?
Wannahave!

>>I'd imagine a bigger cell would stretch to 3 weeks. still, a VERY long
>>time indeed for a laptop...
>>
>>...perhaps we could mount solar panels on the lid ;-)
>

> would be a cool feature, but totaly useles in Hamburg :-)
> so ... may be we should take it to the bahamas or honolulu or hawaii :-P

You could connect a wind power plant (is this called so? don´t know
better...) or lets do like in The Matrix: turn yourself into a duracell
by using the heat produced by human body ;-)) Kind of cool idea for
wearable computers, i think...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org