ARM Business ideas

Jochen Schröder jschrod at uni-muenster.de
Thu Feb 27 11:17:44 PST 2003

Hey Ian, and everybody else as well ;-)
all this talk about the ARM laptops made me think about other uses or
low power computers. Have you thought about cable
modem/routers/firewalls, file-/print-/mail-servers. At the moment a lot
of people I know use old pcs for this, but they are *noisy*, so a no fan
solution, would be great, especially if it's based on linux :-). Another
big application would be a living room media center. if you can do dvd
and mp3 without any fans, I think that would be a huge business
opportunity. So far nobody has really come up with a good concept AFAIK.
A german computer magazine (c't) had an article about how to make one,
but they had to go through all kind off hoops to reduce the noise IIRC.
Cheers
Jochen
--
[X] Nail here for new monitor