Linux Laptop

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Thu Feb 27 11:06:38 PST 2003

Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> I am trying to guage interest in a hypothetical laptop.
>
> The specs would be [....]

I wouldn't be interested without Firewire, decent 3D performance,
and at least 1024x768. I don't care about USB 2.0, that's what Firewire
is for. PS2, serial, and such are actually a disadvantage. My other
requirements, VGA out and ethernet are already in the list.

I often prefer a case made of good quality plastic because it doesn't
dent and has a little give which makes up for a whole lotta internal
padding. Bad plastic cases, on the other hand, crack.

2000 USD is the maximum unless this has something that i want and
that the iBook 2 doesn't have since i can get an iBook 2 for less
than that.

A software question: with my iBook, i spend too much time fixing
endianness issues in various bits of code. I assume this would also
run big endian but are there additional similar portability problems?
I can't think of anything except in low level code but there might
be something i don't know.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org