Linux laptop... news.

torsten torsten at inetw.net
Thu Feb 27 10:02:26 PST 2003

>booting from HDD,

About that HDD.

How about 4 flash cards with ide/cflash adapters.  Then I
could have 2GB storage (covers all my needs).  This would be
mostly read-only.

With plenty of RAM (2-4GB) I wouldn't really need a hard disk.

For writeable info, use a RAM disk.  Protect the RAM disk from
overwriting after a reboot, and as long as the machine has power,
it maintains the RAM disk.

Important data can be written to flash, any RAM disk info
needed for long-term storage can be archived to an external
Hard disk.

Now, computer sans movable components.

Torsten
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org