Linux laptop... news.

Rainer Peter Feller rainer at maren.desy.de
Thu Feb 27 09:36:48 PST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Ian Molton wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:11:20 +0000 (UTC)
> rainer at maren.desy.de (Rainer Peter Feller) wrote:
>
> > <SNIP>
> > > *A5 size case
> > > *800x600 TFT touchscreen
> > *sigh* pager :-)
>
> Its a bit bigger than that!

lol no what I had in mind was that we need a pager :-)

> > are there passive usb-hubs?
>
> yes. but with 6 ports, who needs one?

nobody?

> > > *kernel (and maybe root FS) in user upgradeable FLASH.
> > how many kernels? jumper protected? lilo/grub ? it should be able to
> > load a kernel from disc! may be grub is better then
>
> one, probably. why do you want to boot off disc?

hey we want to play yes? (Test)Booting an other kernel to see if we could
use it would not be to bad ...
hm what about booting from USB-Memory?
/me is extending the whishlist :-)

> > > *IrDA
> > > *Audio (5.1 codec, w/ digital out)
> > would not be needed except for doom3 :-) and dvd playback
>
> doom3... well, with FP I guess its not too far fetched...
>
> > great! what about dual/quattro? (o.k. later)
>
> not entirely off the cards...

CUH Rainer Peter Feller

| LFS     #  3106 | http://www.linuxfromscratch.org                  |
| P-Linux #     1 | http://p-linux.desy.de                             |