Low power CPU's

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Feb 26 14:03:31 PST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:57:42 +0000 (UTC)
jason at tommyk.com (Jason Gurtz) wrote:

> With all this nice talk about ARM based devices and FP woes I got to
> thinking about the Xscale thing from intel that I heard about a while
> back. http://www.intel.com/design/pca/applicationsprocessors/index.htm
>
> They say it's ARM compatible, anyone ever used such a thing?

I have a 400MHz one in my PDA and my dad has a desktop based around a
600MHz one.

We'd be better off with a non intel part, IMHO. partly because the early
XScales are very buggy, and partly because XScale performs about 2/3 as
well as most other ARMs.

(and partly because I'd rather pay ARM and samsung than intel...)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org