Linux laptop... news.

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Feb 26 13:47:11 PST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:34:07 +0000 (UTC)
jason at tommyk.com (Jason Gurtz) wrote:

> Sounds nice and _duarable_ :)  I for one am not bothered by a little
> extra weight.  A good heft is indicative of quality.

its light. its some fancy alloy (Im assured its not liable to crack ;-)

In fact, VERY light. the (empty) case weighs less than my PDA...

> > *800x600 TFT touchscreen
>
> a touchscreen makes the deal that much sweeter, esp. in a small
> package like this.  800x600 is definatly a minimum (barely) usable
> area but in a small package like this, more than adequate.

Indeed.

> > *6 USB ports (maybe). 2 for sure. would people sacrifice parallel
> > port for 4xUSB?
>
> that's a tough call.  A lot of printers out there aren't usb now
> sacrafice the parallel for 2 more usb and one or two firewire and
> you've got a convert :)

Well, you can use a usb->parallel converter...

firewire... hm. maybe.

> Would it be possible to have this flash in the form of a
> compact flash socket (maybe chained off an available floppy interface)

no, but smartmedia (nand flash) up to 2Gigabits is possible.

> instead of DOC style?

DOC isnt a question. (ie. not using it)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org