Linux laptop... news.

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Feb 26 13:32:07 PST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:10:53 +0000 (UTC)
jrknierim at jrknierim.com ("Justin Knierim") wrote:

> Im Auftrag von Ian Molton
> > The case in question is a *lovely* die cast metal, with a 12"
> > LCD panel, and touchscreen. touchpad is optional.
>
> Nice sturdy metal.  :)  Touchscreen is also a nice touch!  ;)

Indeed :-)

> Not too thick at all.  Sounds like it must be a pretty nice case.  Are
> there any pictures online maybe??  ;)

They are gonna take some pics of it for me (I left my cam at home).

> > The bad news is that the best screen we can get in it before prices
> > skyrocket is 800x600 (although its a GOOD TFT and has a
> > touchscreen).
>
> Hmm, I have not used 800x600 in a long time.  How much would it
> skyrocket for 1024x768?

200 - 400ukp, potentially, and it would still need to fit in the same
casing...

> Hope that the development goes well.  Wish I could help, but I am
> sure I couldn't!  ;)

I may be able to sell a small number of mini-ITX ARM9 boards if anyone
is interested in testing...

they are *devel* boards though. not garaunteed to be perfect.

> > *6 USB ports (maybe). 2 for sure. would people sacrifice parallel
> > port for 4xUSB?
>
> Hmm, I guess it would not be a problem.  BTW, are they USB 2.0 or 1.1?

probably 2 USB1.1 and 4 USB 2.0

> Still sounding pretty sweet with these specs, the screen being the
> only downside I see.

I know. unfortunate, that. :(
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org