Linux Laptop

Oliver Brakmann obrakmann at gmx.net
Wed Feb 26 09:42:55 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-26 09:37, Rainer Peter Feller wrote...
> I don't think that you need fp for 3d (doom?)
> the color is int, the geometry could also be int ...
> the 3D accelerator chip could do the FP calc internaly

Doom was still integer only, but basically since Quake I, all 3D
shooters used floating point to do their math.
(well, the game engines from id Software anyway, which is really
all that counts, isn't it? :-)

> > > what about network?
> > onboard. 10/100(/1000 maybe)
> o.k.

What about a serial interface (RS-232)? Might be nice to connect to a
serial console with that laptop.

> Have you already contacted id-software to port Q3?

I expect the Q3 source code will be released within two years.
That's just an educated guess, btw, based on the experiences with the
Quake I & II source code releases, so don't take my word for it.

Bye,
Oliver
--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon   | Reg. Linux User #198843            http://counter.li.org