Linux Laptop

Rainer Peter Feller rainer at maren.desy.de
Wed Feb 26 04:56:05 PST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Richard Lightman wrote:

> You need lots of logic to keep the caches on different chips
> consistent. That logic is simply not present on most (all?) arm
> CPU's, and would be difficult (impossible?) to add externally.
>
> NUMA, or clusters should be OK though.
>
> Richard

I don't need SMP but MP would be sooo cooool
lets have an own cpu for every special purpose :-)
and one for sceduling the others, no comon cache neded.

CUH Rainer Peter Feller

| LFS     #  3106 | http://www.linuxfromscratch.org                  |
| P-Linux #     1 | http://p-linux.desy.de                             |

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org