Linux Laptop

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Feb 26 00:56:21 PST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:41:07 +0000 (UTC)
rainer at maren.desy.de (Rainer Peter Feller) wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Ian Molton wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> Mighty <snipsnap>
>
> 1024x768 would be enough (at least for me)
> 512MB RAM yup
>
> what about 3D-acceleration?

maybe. certainly DVD/2D accel. 3D may not be easy since ARM has no FP
registers.

> what about bigger accu (I {w,c}ould carry anything which is not
> much heavier than my cat : ca. 6.8 kg)

what is 'accu'? accumulator? battery?

well, if anything, it'll need a smaller battery ;-)

> what about dual/quatro cpu?

maybe, although ARMs dont work well SMP, but thats not the only MP
architecture... quad CPU in a laptop *is* a realistic proposition for an
ARM though, unlike, well, *anything* else...

> what about network?

onboard. 10/100(/1000 maybe)

> what about dvd/cdrw combo? (we don't need floppy but want to save eh?)

most certainly.

> smardcard reader could be done with pcmcia?

we will be constrained by easily obtainable cases.

> full hardware docs? (I know this is what you will never get from
> normal vendors ...)

ABSOLUTELY.

> Harddisc >=30GB?

probably. certainly the capability.

> 1500Eur ?
>
> The best is you couldn't be forced to install WinXP :-)
>
> This extra feature is extra 300 Eur worth!

:-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org