TCPA

Rob Park rbpark-NOSPAM at ualberta.ca
Tue Feb 25 23:25:59 PST 2003

Alas! Ian Molton spake thus:
> For example, I pay a tax to the music industry on ALL my blank CDs,
> because they ASSUME I will use them for piracy.

Obviously. I mean, there are NO legitimate uses for blank CDs, so why
shouldn't you be charged? Pirate!

(that was sarcasm btw).

> I challenge anyone to find a flaw in that logic...

Well, I don't know much about life in the UK, but over here in Canada,
we have the same "tax"... except that no stores take it seriously. CD
prices are the same they've always been, so it can be argued that you
technically haven't paid this tax, and aren't entitled to the download.

But if you *have* paid this tax, then I agree. Buy a 50 CD spindle and
download away...

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark