Linux Laptop

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 25 22:07:40 PST 2003

Yo,

I blame the Reply-To: header.  *sigh* ;(

----- Forwarded message from Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee <highos at linuxfromscratch.org> -----

From: Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee <highos at linuxfromscratch.org>
Subject: Re: Linux Laptop
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 01:04:25 -0500
To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org

Yo,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:37:24AM +0000, Ian Molton wrote:
> If you are interested 'just because thats cool', then say so.

Now, this is very cool.  Are you talking about custom design laptops
here?  Because if so, i'm totally ready to write an mini-essay about the
things I love/hate.  Id do it right now, just for the heck of it, but I
need to be awake, alarm, and in class in a few hours, so ;p

> If you would actually BUY one, say so and give an indication of what you
> would *REALISTICALLY* be able to pay for one (bear in mind it would be a
> SMALL production run compared to a M$ X86 laptop.

I spent _more_ then CND$6500 on my last laptop (Thinkpad A20p) in August
of 2000 when I had the cash.  Considering i've used it as my main system
since then, i've gotten my money's worth.  Id do it again, as I can't
stand using "desktop"s for extended period after using laptops non-stop as
my primary system since late 1999.

Anyways, i'll try and post later.  I mostly have gripes with the hardware
manufacturers adding [imho at least] needless junk to a standard laptop.

I really wish for a modular, upgradeable, modern (lack of old inputs),
laptop.  Mmmm...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

----- End forwarded message -----

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org