X question

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Mon Feb 24 15:36:57 PST 2003

Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> writes:

> On 24 Feb 2003 23:58:24 +0100
> d95-bli at nada.kth.se (Björn Lindberg) wrote:
>
> > Do you mean the virtual consoles? Then I don't understand what it has
> > to do with X, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
>
> no.
>
> the things that you see in a pager app. like four desktops and you can
> move windows from one to another.

If I understand you correctly, you mean the virtual desktops that many
window managers offer. I thought for a second you were doing something
new and cool with X, like running it on 3 more virtual consoles except
for /dev/tty7 or something... :-)

Anyway, this is a property of you window manager, so it depends on
which one you have. In KDE you can right-click the background and
select "configure desktop" or something like that, (I'm translating
from Swedish). A nice low-end WM I sometimes use is ctwm, where you
can have as many VDs as you like.

Which WM do you use?

Björn

--
War on Iraq, expected # of killed Civilians:
Iraq            500,000
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org