Quake3

Miguel Bazdresch miguel at thewizardstower.org
Mon Feb 24 01:36:50 PST 2003

* Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> [03-0224 10:05]:
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:49:21 +0000 (UTC)
> miguel at thewizardstower.org (Miguel Bazdresch) wrote:
>

> > I agree with Björn, we had some good games. I'm finally learning how
> > to cope with ping. So far lesson number one is: the shotgun is
> > useless.
>
> Err. no. Shotgun is god.
>
> it fires where you point and the server compensates based on ping.

It's not what I'm seeing. Last saturday I had the best ping I've had so
far (~250), and I was able to effectively use the rockets and the rail
gun. I even got a couple of frags with the shotgun, but more often than
not, the shot was so delayed it was useless.

At one point, I sneaked right behind somebody (don't remember who). I
was one step behind. I shot my shotgun and waited, and waited, and
waited, only to see, literally two seconds later, shotgun marks against
the wall in front of me. I didn't even see the other player move, but
obviously he did. Not a drop of blood was spilled :)

I'll keep trying though, maybe I've been missing something.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org