This is a Joke

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Feb 23 13:02:40 PST 2003

"Miguel Bazdresch" <miguel at thewizardstower.org> wrote in message
news:20030223205412.GA389 at lordina.local...
> * Rob Park <rbpark-NOSPAM at ualberta.ca> [03-0223 13:03]:
> > Alas! Miguel Bazdresch spake thus:
> > > We did that bit too. The high school lab had a small Van de Graff
with a
> > > handle (lever?) that you had to turn to make the brushes inside
move.
> > > Always according to the prof, if you kept at it long enough, it
would
> > > build more than 100KV.
> >
> > Wow, that must have been a poor school. I thought I went to a crappy
> > underfunded school, and we even had a motorized vandegraf ;)
>
> Well yeah, I don't come from the richest part of the world. The
saddest
> part is, my high school was one of the better ones in my country.

I come from one of the "supposedly" richer nations of the world, and we
too only had a wind up Van De Graff generator.  There's more important
things for Britain to be spending its money on rather than education
apparently - e.g. holidays for the PM, and two Jaguars for the Transport
secretary (who is supposed to be trying to persuade us to adopt public
transport - if he actually gave it a try for any length of time he'd
know why we don't bother).

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org