linuxgames : Q3

Miguel Bazdresch miguel at thewizardstower.org
Sat Feb 22 13:10:10 PST 2003

* Archaic <archaic at indy.rr.com> [03-0222 22:02]:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 08:42:25PM +0100, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:
> > * Seth W.Klein <sk at sethwklein.net> [03-0221 20:35]:
> > >
> > > /me looks confusedly between his X CVS checkout and his 56k modem :)
> > >

> > /me has a 40-hour limit per month on internet connection time and a
> > phone line that needs to be available most of the day because of his
> > wife :)
>
> Do you have the 4.2.0 tarballs? How about the 4.2.0-4.2.1 diffs? If so,
> unpack the tarballs, patch them to 4.2.1, then run cvs. Not all stuff
> will need to be updated. I don't know if this will be enough, but it
> should save a lot of time and bandwidth.

I was under the impression that cvs has its own directory structure,
needs a $CVSROOT and lots of stuff like that. I never thought it could
simply download the differences between two trees. I wonder if it can
download just the file diffs, like rsync?

Thanks a lot for the pointer. I really need to learn cvs well.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org