Lilo and win2000

Dan Huckson dhuckson at cogeco.ca
Mon Feb 17 07:13:20 PST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: lfs-chat-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:lfs-chat-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org]On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: February 17, 2003 4:25 AM
To: lfs-chat at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Lilo and win2000

Hello,

Currently, I have a LFS 4.0 and a window98 on my system. I use lilo to
switch from one to another.

I must install win2000 to play with Visual.net and XDE and I know that
win2000 delete the Master Boot Record in order to boot.

After  installing  win2000, how can I restore the MBR (unsing lilo) to
boot w98, my LFS, or win2000 ?

Do  I  need  a  bootdisk which will allow me to boot on the LFS and to
execute lilo ?

Thanks for help,
Thomas

  Thomas Queste                                 mailto:tqueste at free.fr

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

I have a boot root disk set that I made from LFS...if you like you can
download it from 24.150.121.217 you will need a least 2 disks 3 if you want
to make the utility disk...anyways it's at that address for you or anyone
else who may need it..Once you have the disks made, boot with them, mount
the LFS partion then chroot to it, edit lilo.conf...(don't forget the entry
in lilo for the windows 2000 partion)and run lilo -v. If your fstab and
lilo.conf file are correct you should be back in business.

Dan Huckson		dhuckson at cogeco.ca

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org