Laptop advice

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Feb 16 11:20:47 PST 2003

My wife and I will both (hopefully) be doing Masters courses at uni.
starting this September/October.  Unfortunately we only have the one PC
and it's evident we need a second computer.  My wife is keen on having a
laptop due to not having to suffer being upstairs with me any longer
than she has to!  Having never bought a laptop before I'm wondering if
any of you have had particularly good or bad experiences with particular
brands.  I'm pretty clued up on specs. I'm more after brand reputation
really.  We're also on a pretty tight budget so I'd likely be buying off
of e-bay or the like unless one of you lot would be wanting to flog me
summat. :)

Thanks for any pointers,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org