Fairy tales for adults

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Fri Feb 14 09:10:15 PST 2003

steveb at creek-and-cowley.com (Steve Bougerolle) writes:

> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 23:15, Björn Lindberg wrote:
>
> > Once again, you are trying to objectify Christianity when in reality
> > it is purely subjective. This "annoying oversimplification" as you
> > call it /is/ Christianity for many Christians. You cannot ignore that
> > when defining Christianity.
>
> Sure, I can.  I believe Christ was a real historical figure who said
> actual things.  It is very easy to separate him from the crowd of people
> who just use his name.

Of course, but then you acknowledge that you and many other Christians
have differing and incompatible views on Christianity. How do you
decide that your version is more true than anyone else's? Why would
/I/ (as a non-Christian) give more weight to your version of
Christianity than any other Christian's?

Björn

--
War on Iraq, expected # of killed Civilians:
Iraq            500,000
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org