Fairy tales for adults (long)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Feb 13 16:49:21 PST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:44:26 +0000 (UTC)
rbpark-NOSPAM at ualberta.ca (Rob Park) wrote:

> > It can be completely self consistent, even if completely WRONG as
> > well.
>
> Sure it can be self consistent, I guess, but it can't *prove* itself
> to be self consistent.

That rather depends on the constraints.

it can prove itself to be self consistent, in that it cannot tell that
it is inconsistent.

If it could see itself from outside itself (impossible) it may see that
it isnt consistent with the rest of the outside, but that doesnt make it
self-inconsistent even so...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org