Fairy tales for adults

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 13 12:48:52 PST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:36:47 +0000
Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> I cannot disprove the theory that my desk will not, due to quantum
> uncertainty, suddenly levitate itself 40 feet off the ground, without
> passing through the ceiling, either. I chose not to believe that that
> will ever happen, however.

Are there billions of people around the world that believe your
desk will levitate?  NO, however there ARE billions who believe
in GOD, god(s) or some type of spirituality.  It comes down to
credibility.  If Ian Molton is the only person in the world to
believe that his desk can levitate, then there is not much credibility.
However, if an uncountable number of people throughout human history
believe or believed that Ian Molton's desk could levitate, that there
is a lot of credibility to it.  And wether you personlay believe it
or not, does not discredit the fact that for some unknow (and
unexplained by science) reason, a *huge* number of people believe or
have a deep conviction that it is true.

Jim Drabb
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst