Fairy tales for adults

Cameron Thorne zeke1138 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 12:10:02 PST 2003

Ian Molton wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:13:28 -0600
> Cameron Thorne <zeke1138 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>We already have
>>enough problems with people disagreeing when people claim there is a
>>supernatural basis. Imagine if you took that away.
>

> Um. Maybe its just my aspie literalness, but if you took it away,
> wouldnt they have nothing to argue about?

Well, in the context I was speaking in there would be plenty to argue
about.  Whose values system do you define as acceptable?  Most religions
have their own, although many of them are similar and much overlaps.
Which bitwise operator do you use to combine them to get a system that
is agreeable to everyone (or even the most people)? ;-)

My point was simply that several billion on this planet people define
their values by their religion.  Assuming everyone agrees in each
religion, that limits you to only a few basic value systems.  If you
take out the religion aspect, you now have several billion value
systems. :)  Although, since everyone interprets their religion
individually, its really somewhere between in the real world.

-- Cameron

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org