Fairy tales for adults (was RE: The Art of Unix Programming)

Brian Shortridge bshortridge at tellumat.com
Tue Feb 11 04:00:15 PST 2003

Ian Molton scribbled:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 05:04:17 +0000 (UTC)
> "Peter B. Steiger" <wypbs001 at bornagain.com> wrote:
>
>>> Nah. The Canadians share those properties and generally are quietly
>>> spoken, polite, and dont believe god created the world in 6 literal
>>> days 6000 years ago ;-)
>>
>> Oh?  I would have thought that depends on your religion rather than
>> your nationality, eh:
>>
>> http://www.creation.on.ca/index.html
>
> <cut>
>
> Well, theres kooks everywhere... but in the US theres an ungodly
> number of them...

And here we see a wonderful example of how people who still believe that
frogs turn into princes generally respond to those that think that there is
a possibility that they don't.

Call them nasty names and hope that they'll stop asking uncomfortable
questions.

Brian (South African BTW, non-Christian in case you're wondering)
--
<snip here>

Notice:

This email transmission contains confidential information which is the property of the sender and if you are n
ot the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the content
s of this e-mail transmission, or the taking of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictl
y prohibited.
Should you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately to arrange for the return of the do
cumentation comprising this transmission. No warranty is given by Tellumat (Pty) Ltd that the integrity of thi
s e-mail has been maintained throughout transmission, nor that the communication is free of viruses, intercept
ion or interference.
In no event will Tellumat (Pty) Ltd be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or other conseque
ntial damages for any reliance or use of this email, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business
 interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system or otherwise.
Unless expressly stated by the sender to be given on behalf of Tellumat (Pty) Ltd, any views expressed in this
 message are those of the individual sender. Tellumat (Pty) Ltd disclaims liability for any unauthorised opini
on or representation made by the sender on behalf of Tellumat (Pty) Ltd.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org