The Art of Unix Programming

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Tue Feb 11 01:45:39 PST 2003

Gary <gws at mtco.com> writes:

> Ian, I am an American, U.S to be correct! We do not think we are in charge.
> It is just that most of the world wants our $$ support and/or military
> support whenever something has got to be done! We generally are the first
> to help,.

This is not correct. In terms of money, Europe contributes as much as
the US for 'influencing' the surrounding world. It is just that the
European money is in terms of non-military support, like humanitarian
aid, which is not as visible.

> Even before it is asked.

Maybe this is what Ian is referring to.

Björn

--
War on Iraq, expected # of killed Civilians:
Iraq            500,000
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org