The Art of Unix Programming

Peter B. Steiger wypbs001 at bornagain.com
Mon Feb 10 21:04:17 PST 2003

on 10 Feb 2003, Ian Molton sez:
> Nah. The Canadians share those properties and generally are quietly
> spoken, polite, and dont believe god created the world in 6 literal days
> 6000 years ago ;-)

Oh?  I would have thought that depends on your religion rather than your
nationality, eh:

http://www.creation.on.ca/index.html
http://www.sdacc.org/aboutus/belief-m.html#6
http://www.lifedesign.ca/creation.html
http://www.jesusfeast.ca/aboutus.htm

Note that I'm not getting into theological debates here, although I'm glad
to do so by email; I'm just saying you'll find just as many groups who
believe all kinds of things from astrology to zoroastrianism up your way as
south of the border.  Likewise here in cowboy country I have some church
friends who believe God did the whole thing in six days so he could have
Sunday night off to watch the X-Files, others who believe God gave it all a
little shove to start and let Darwin do the rest, and others who believe
that the position and direction you place your sofa can affect the positive
energy vibrations in your house (I'm still trying to figure that one out,
but I'm not making it up).  And these are all _Baptists_ I'm talking
about...

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY