epkg

Eric Miller etmilleretmiller at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 20:18:14 PST 2003

--- torsten <torsten at inetw.net> wrote:

> >The user!
>
> >No, I'm a net-admin, security type. (CCNA, CCNP,
> CCDA,
> >CCDP, MCSE 2K, Linux+, Security +)
>
> Ah, you know security!  What steps do you take to
> harden

well I only use gentoo at home, but I rely on my
Mandrake Multi-Network Firewall to give me some
protection at home.  I have only the necessary ports
oprn, SNMP turned off (no ping or Traces past my box!)
 I build Gentoo on a DMZ, then put it back behind the
closed firewall.

Plus, with snort and ids logging every little
packet...its pretty solid.