epkg

Eric Miller etmilleretmiller at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 19:20:09 PST 2003

> IMO, it would be very difficult to maintain. Easier
> to just have a pure
> Gentoo system.

You might be right, but Im gonna try it for a package
or two.  I have two LFS systems on the same physical
drive...one is a backup.

> Have you tried sourcemage? I would like to give it a
> spin sometime. I
> think it is more aligned towards the LFS philosophy.
> The package
> management scripts are also bash based, so a core
> sourcemage install
> would be closer to a lfs install.

I have it on my desktop at home, hanvt burnt the iso
yet, but it sounds cool as well.  A little more rough
around the edges, but yes more like LFS.  So many
things to learn, so little time!