LFS booting problems (again)

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Mon Feb 10 02:48:11 PST 2003

Jan Van Belle <Jan.Van_Belle at nospam.alcatel.be> writes:

> > > Is this all normal?? I recompiled the sysvinit and e2fs.. packages
> > > without any optimization, but I don't see a difference.
> >
> > Well, devfs isn't enabled by default...
> >
> > > Any help (PLEEEAASE ?????)
> >
> > Run devfsd.  Or, assuming you ran the MAKEDEV script, just don't
> > mount devfs (devfs=nomount kernel argument).
>
> I included the devfs=mount in the GRUB script. That's true, but that's
> because I (always) compile the kernel (so also my LFS one) with devfs
> support, mount at boot-time.
>
> Is this something FORBIDDEN?? ;-)

I'm no expert on devfs, but it seems to me you either have to change
your fstab/bootscript entries to the devfs style device names, OR run
devfsd which is a compatibility daemon which will create the old style
names for you.

Björn

--
War on Iraq, expected # of killed Civilians:
Iraq            500,000
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org