The Art of Unix Programming

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Sun Feb 9 02:33:14 PST 2003

James Cozine wrote:

>> As for the British... they are way too stubborn to change I guess. :-)
>
> And even they have gone metric!
>
> -jc

No.
The government has gone metric, and they hang shop keepers who don't use
metric, but we still use Feet and Inches like all true and sensible poeople
everwhere.  Unfortunately the Thought Police have insisted that children
are only taught metric, so this ancient way of life is dieing out.

We still have Miles, Pints and Furlongs though.

It's not that were stubborn, just right.

--
cheers,
Richard.

Richard A Downing FBCS