Someone is Saddam's Girlfriend (Was Re: The Art of Unix Programming)

Matt Rogers matt at matt.rogers.name
Sat Feb 8 17:44:33 PST 2003

On Saturday 08 February 2003 07:10 pm, you wrote:
> > Well, let's see, if I do the math correctly, you add
> > 400,000 and 100,000
> > together, that's 500,000.  So, really Tushar
> > succeeded in proving that at
> > least the information in Bjorn's sig is correct, and
> > not deceptive at all.
>
> So you dont see a difference between:
>
> 500,000 civilians expected to be killed (no
> clarification)
> -and-
> Up to 400,000 and up to 100,000 casualties.
> Casualties, in war, range from skinned knees to
> dysentary, hunger, exhaustion, infection, any illness
> is a casualty.
>
> Thats not 500K expected to die at the hands of an
> American attack on Iraq, as his sig clearly,
> incorrectly, falsely, and offensively states.

Yes, his sig is clearly stated. Whether or not it's incorrect, false or
offensive depends on your point of view.  You find it incorrect, false, and
offensive and that's cool. If you don't like it, don't read it. You are under
no obligation whatsoever to read any mail that he sends. He's not forcing you
to read it. He's free to express his opinion and you're free to express yours
(as you've clearly done).  Now that your opinion has been expressed, you
should drop this issue, or continue it privately.  It's up to Bjorn whether
or not he changes his sig.  He is the only one who can make that decision,
you cannot make it for him.

Matt
--
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
friendship I share with my collection of singing penguins.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org