The Art of Unix Programming

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Sat Feb 8 13:09:25 PST 2003

"Rob Park" <rbpark-NOSPAM at ualberta.ca> wrote in message
news:20030208205346.GC1135 at ualberta.ca...
> Alas! Andrius Ciziunas spake thus:
> > to be different from the British
>
> You can blame a lot of things on that, like the voltage and frequency
of
> the electricity, to the side of the road you drive on ;)

Add to that our wonderfully easy spelling rules (colour, favour,
organisation - note the s not a z) and pronunciation, that letter is  a
"zed" not a "zee".  Oh, and what the hell is up with "aloominum"
(aluminium)?  It's got another i in there which makes it
al-oo-min-ee-um.  All meant entirely in jest, merely pointing out the
differences in culture :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org