The Art of Unix Programming

tristan twem2 at eridu.org.uk
Sat Feb 8 13:02:26 PST 2003

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 10:29:51AM -0500, Andrius Ciziunas wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, James Cozine wrote:
>
> > d95-bli at nada.kth.se (Bj?rn Lindberg) writes:
> >
> > > Eric S. Raymond has released a public beta version of his book,
> > > referenced in the subject. Thought someone might be interested.
> > >
> > > http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/
> >
> > I eat with my fork in my left hand too.  And I thought I was just odd.
> >
> > -jc
>

> 	Nope....that's European style.  What's weird is when you get
> taught both styles (my folks are from Europe, but I was born and raised in
> Virginia, and my mom insisted that I know how to eat politely, in
> either style...)..What's weird is when you mix up the two, and realize it.

from what I know, it is okay to use your fork in your right hand,
provided you are using it like a spoon for things like peas, otherwise
you should use knife and fork together, the knife for cutting, and for
pushing things onto your fork (in fact, I can't envisage not doing
that).
Of course, when the fork was first introduced to the Frecnch Court it
was banned on the grouds that its unhygenic :-)

Tristan (British)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org