Someone is Saddam's Girlfriend (Was Re: The Art of Unix Programming)

Matt Rogers matt at matt.rogers.name
Sat Feb 8 11:33:07 PST 2003

On Saturday 08 February 2003 01:19 pm, you wrote:
> > Now will you please stop posting to this list.
> > Either continue it
> > offline or on a appropriate mailing list or
> > newsgroup.
>
> From your source:
>
> * “in the early stages there will be a large segment
> of the population requiring treatment for traumatic
> injuries” and “as many as 500,000 people could require
> treatment to a greater or lesser degree as a result of
> direct or indirect injuries”. [para 23] A footnote
> explains this is based on World Health Organisation
> estimates of 100,000 direct and 400,000 indirect
> casualties."
>
> Where does it say 500,000 will be killed?  You just
> suceeded in proving that Bjorns sig is not only
> incorrect, but intentionally deceptive.

[snip]

Well, let's see, if I do the math correctly, you add 400,000 and 100,000
together, that's 500,000.  So, really Tushar succeeded in proving that at
least the information in Bjorn's sig is correct, and not deceptive at all.

There are those of us who don't care for the sig, and that's fine. If you find
it offensive, that's fine too. But if you don't like it, don't read his
posts!!!! It's that simple!

We've beat this particular issue into the ground enough. It's time to let it
die.

Matt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org