Someone is Saddam's Girlfriend (Was Re: The Art of Unix Programming)

David C david at onebelownothing.com
Sat Feb 8 05:16:37 PST 2003

On Saturday 08 February 2003 06:12 pm, you wrote:

<snip>

> Please remove your signature from this list.  If I
> were in a room of people and someone asked me to put
> out my cigarette, I would not say "what's wrong with
> you?  DOnt you smoke?  Well I have a right to smoke
> even if it offends you!"
>
> Certain things cross the line, and you have done that
> with your sig.  I politley ask you to stop using it on
> this board and go back to being a linux geek.

<snip>

First let me say I find that sig offensive as well. It is a little
improper here, especially since the sig is used in all his postings and
not just in lfs-chat. However, though I would like to see it removed,
I'm not very comfortable with the idea of saying he has to remove it. I
just wish he would.

As for the question of taking it private, I feel lfs-chat is a perfectly
proper place for it. After all it was designed for those inevitable OT
discussions that would otherwise clutter up the lfs specific lists.
Those that don't wish to view this thread can simply delete it.

That said, we do need to be mindful of bandwidth usage and costs,
especially for dial up users, so sometimes a discussion between just
two persons might be better taken to email. Especially a lengthly,
heated and/or controversial one.

--
David Costa

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org