The Art of Unix Programming

Andrius Ciziunas andrius at tamos.net
Sat Feb 8 07:29:51 PST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, James Cozine wrote:

> d95-bli at nada.kth.se (Björn Lindberg) writes:
>
> > Eric S. Raymond has released a public beta version of his book,
> > referenced in the subject. Thought someone might be interested.
> >
> > http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/
>
> I eat with my fork in my left hand too.  And I thought I was just odd.
>
> -jc

	Nope....that's European style.  What's weird is when you get
taught both styles (my folks are from Europe, but I was born and raised in
Virginia, and my mom insisted that I know how to eat politely, in
either style...)..What's weird is when you mix up the two, and realize it.

	Now, let's play a bit of trivia....How many of you know where the
American tradition of eating with your right hand and having your left
hand in your lap, when not cutting comes from??:)

				A:)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org