The Art of Unix Programming

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Fri Feb 7 18:41:42 PST 2003

d95-bli at nada.kth.se (Björn Lindberg) writes:

I'm verry sorry for adding more to this topic, but I forgot to explain
one thing.

> etmilleretmiller at yahoo.com (Eric Miller) writes:
>
> > > --
> > > War on Iraq, expected # of killed Civilians:
> > > Iraq            500,000
> > > USA                   0

<snip>

> My .sig is only meant to display my aversion to a potential war, and
> maybe to imply that waging a war is "cheap" for Bush in the sense that
> all the dead innocent people that will follow will mainly be Iraqi
> civilians. The figure is based on a UN report BTW. That is not to
> mention the millions of Iraqis that would be in dire need for
> emergency food & supplies to survive.

Many people today seem to think that modern warfare is a "clean"
business, especially after the Gulf war. This is maybe the most
important point of my signature -- that there are no "clean" wars, and
that this war would bring death and suffering to tens of millions of
people.

Björn

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org