Opinion about programming wizards

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 7 13:02:00 PST 2003

On February 7, 2003 01:53 pm, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> I always saw it the other way, the wizards keep new developers from
> learning by creating the code.  And the generated code from the

I wasn't clear in my terminology. I wasn't refering to newbie programmers who
don't know what a variable and what "int var = 0;" means. I meant to refer to
programmers who are new in a certain area. Say, it's your first attemp to
access databases. You know some programming already but you just need to see
some specific ideas how to access a database. I believe a wizard's output
could give you some ideas.

I'm not saying there aren't better ways of getting ideas. Google is a good
friend. I'm just trying to find good points in wizards. I am reaching far
though ;)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org