HAHAHAHA. look what happened to my favourite company ;-)

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Thu Feb 6 20:00:03 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 11:48, Ian Molton wrote:

> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/
> mirrored at: http://www.mnementh.co.uk/ocuk-website-screenie.jpg
> in case its gone when you look...

They've already fixed it so I had to look at the mirror.  That's great!

One of the buttons on the web page reminds me of a time a couple years
ago when I needed a new hard disk so went to Golden Centre (the infamous
heart of Hong Kong's computing universe) and asked around a couple
shops.  I stopped in one and asked "How much for a Maxtor 40 GB hard
disk".  The guy said "wait a sec" then went and climbed a ladder into
the ceiling storage space and before my dumbfounded eyes began to DROP
hard disks down onto the desk and floor below him (in their boxes,
shrink-wrapped).  This was a distance of 3-4 metres.

Then he grabbed one and came over and, obviously assuming I would buy
it, said "That's $2200 HK please". I corrected his mistaken assumption
pretty quickly :).

--
Steve Bougerolle
Creek & Cowley Consulting