Installing Findutils

lfs linux lfsut at lycos.com
Wed Feb 5 12:00:31 PST 2003

patch -Np1 -i ../findutils-4.1.patch &&
CPPFLAGS=-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2 \
    ./configure --prefix=$LFS/static &&
make LDFLAGS=-static &&
make install

Hi, I have two questions about the commands above. 1 in the line

CPPFLAGS=-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2 \

what is the \ at the end of the line for?
2 I ran these commands from the findutils-4.1 dir. The dirs. that were built were placed as subdirs. of findutils-4.1 . Is this what was supposed to happen?

Thanks

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org