Space shuttle

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Wed Feb 5 11:42:18 PST 2003

> couldnt one astronaut carry back an empty suit to the shuttle? then
> after 7 trips back and foward all astronauts would be on the station -
> or is this too simple?

=P

The station itself is equipped with four suits of its own (I think), two
US EVA units and two russian Orlan suits...

The shuttile itself didn't have an arm but the station has a
second-generation arm... Even still, there was probably no grapple
fixture on the shuttle and it was probably too heavy to be captured by
that arm...

If they could have jetisoned the lab module, they would probably have
survived reentry as the stress on the thing would be that much less.

--
I WANT A DEC ALPHA!!! =)
21364: THE UNDISPUTED GOD OF ALL CPUS.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org