Quake3 reminder

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Wed Feb 5 06:14:53 PST 2003

Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> writes:

> On 05 Feb 2003 14:52:01 +0100
> d95-bli at nada.kth.se (Björn Lindberg) wrote:
>

> > My free nights are tuesdays and thursdays, so those are best for me. I
> > could probably attend on fridays from time to time, but often I'm not
> > at home on friday evenings.
>
> even as late as 22:00 ? (or /especially/ ;-)   )

22:00 is 23:00 for me in Sweden. Normally, I'd be home by that time,
but often I'm out drinking or hanging out with friends. I'd hate for
fridays to be the /only/ time of the week for games, but if there is
an additional day, I'd just try to join in on fridays whenever I can.

> > Thanks for last night, it was a lot of fun. :-)
>
> You're welcome.
>
> > I have to say I like
> > the first map we played best,
>
> Nice map, isnt it?

Very nice. It is big enough for many people to play at the same time,
yet you have good overview of it. Very nice map. It is also the only
map I had practiced on, so I was quite lost on some of the other maps,
with all those bouncing things etc. :-) Especially on one map I was
very prone to falling off all the time. :-)

> > perhaps we could schedule more
> > than one time per week, and we would get a moderate number of people
> > each time?
>
> Maybe. Pings were getting a bit high last time, but I dont know WHY - I
> dont think we were taxing the (DSL) modem.

Well, the pings only went up when we were more than 5 or 6 people I
think. I also got a lot of "Connection Interrupted" at one point. I
would try to set up a server as I have a 10Mb/s line, but I only have
one reasonably fast computer, and I suspect it wouldn't be able to
keep up with both the server and me playing at the same time.

Björn

--
War on Iraq, expected # of killed Civilians:
Iraq            500,000
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org