Space shuttle

Guy Benson gbbenson68 at netscape.net
Wed Feb 5 05:54:25 PST 2003

Dan Osterrath <do3 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> For this actions they have (but only 2) spacewalk
>suits. Don't ask me, why only 2. I bet for economical reasons. The nasa
>probably never imagined that the whole crew has to escape into space at
>give up the shuttle.

I'm not even sure that they had any EVA suits. I know for a fact that the robotic arm was not installed for this mission, to reduce the unneccessary mass (i.e. to enable a higher payload mass). It could be that they didn't pack any EVA suits either, also to reduce unnecessary mass.

It the end it came down to : "Suck it and see..."

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org