Space shuttle

Wouter Van Hemel wouter at pair.com
Wed Feb 5 04:32:20 PST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Dan Osterrath wrote:

> That's what Ian thought, too. But the distance to the ISS was too large
> and another shuttle could have been in about 3 month there.
> On the other hand I think the suits are specially designed to fit an
> astronauts body. So changing the person isn't quite simple. (But
> probably posible.) But then you still have the problem that the O2 tanks
> of the suits are limited.

That's presuming that they know something's wrong... IIRC, the re-entry
(next to the take-off) really is the final test, putting the heaviest
strain on the rocket. There's nothing they can do anyway during the period
of re-entry, only enjoy some flashes of their lives, or whatever one
thinks off in such moments.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org