Mplayer fans check it out!

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Feb 4 17:25:44 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 17:50, Csaba Henk wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Csaba Henk wrote:
>
> >  Hello.
> >
> >  Now there is a Mplayer plugin for Moz and Konqui available:
> >
> > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mplayerplug-in
> >
> > (As far as I know, up to now there was no such thing so I hope I told you
> > something new :-)
> >
> > Csaba
>
> There is a film on the Linux story, dubbed Revolution OS. It's demo can be
> watched at
>
> http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film_multimedia/0,4470,2419320,00.html
>
> Did you succeed to watch this with mplayer(plugin)? OK, if you use linux,
> their app can't recognize your browser/multimedia configuration but then
> there is a possibility to set it manually. After doing so an ad comes
> (though only if you confess you have gflash ;-) and the video should
> begin... Mplayer  comes up, and a text "Mplayer plug-in - loading
> movie.." but no more happening.
>  (I selected Windows Media Player, I use mplayer-plugin 0.34 and MPlayer
> 0.90rc1-3.1.)
>
> Csaba

Did you compile support for streaming media into MPlayer?  I think
you need LIVE to do streaming in MPlayer.  If you don't have
streaming support, then mplayer will download the whole file
before playing, which depending on your connection will
take a while.  The mplayer plugin is still pretty beta IMHO.  I
purchased the crossover plugin and was able to watch it with that.

Jim Drabb
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL