my random mutterings ;-)

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Tue Feb 4 06:57:36 PST 2003

* Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> [2003-02-04 14:31]:
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:56:45 +0000 (UTC)
> richard at nezumi.plus.com (Richard Lightman) wrote:
>

> > There is a set of icons that has been in use for over 3000 years
> > and is well known to about 1/4 of the plannet. Why cann't we use
> > chinese?
>
> Well known, mnaybe, but intuitive??!

The common ones just need a little imagination:

  one       two      three   ...  six (person with six limbs)
                    -------        |
           -----
                                -------
-------              -----
                                 /   \
          -------               /     \
                    -------

Person (please add some curves to the character set for ascii art):

    ^
   / \
  /   \

Big: (Person saying "The fish that got away was this big")

--A--
 / \
/   \

Richard
--
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org