my random mutterings ;-)

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Mon Feb 3 14:16:17 PST 2003

Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> writes:

> On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:47:32 -0000
> "Matthew Burgess" <ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> > Nice to see someone's appreciated for their efforts!  All I get in
> > general is a pat on the back and a "thanks very much Matt, I owe you
> > one".  One what, is what I'm asking myself, whatever it is I'm not
> > getting it - but then I help out because I can, not because I expect
> > anything in return (although a couple of pints would be nice).
>
> Ditto. People do rather take help with PCs for granted these days...

I second that. What has really started to annoy me is when I get into
situations when I'm acting as Windows support personnel for friends
etc. I haven't even been using Windows myself for a long time, so it's
more my general computer knowledge I'm using. Anyway, I have promised
myself to limit myself to free Linux support from now on, even if it
concerns friends.

Björn

--
War on Iraq, expected # of killed Civilians:
Iraq            500,000
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org