The LFS mailing list search engine is now (back) online.

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Feb 1 01:25:34 PST 2003

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 03:02:15AM -0500, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/

You rock dude!

> When they get cleaned up, that will cause a slight problem.  All previous
> links and urls to the archives will (problably) be incorrect.  So, an

Hmm, that strikes me as being quite a big problem. Google is chock full of
links to the LFS archives. I s'pose in theory Google will eventually catch
up. But I imagine there could be quite a few people's pages out there with
links to the archives.

Also, think of how often someone posts a link to an old thread on the very
same list! Those "internal" links will surely become cactus.

> The other thing I will be looking into is getting hypermail to update the
> online archives in _real time_.  That is, whenever an e-mail gets sent via
> the lists, the online html archives will be regenerated.

Ooooh, now I'm excited! :-)

> So, anyways.. go take a look and report back your thoughs-id appreciate it ;-)

The only thing that strikes me at first glance is that we used to be able to
limit the search to a particular list. Oh well, them's the breaks!

Thanks for the efforts to get this thing back on line.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org