The LFS mailing list search engine is now (back) online.

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 1 00:02:15 PST 2003

Yo,

http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/

Wow ;o  I've spend quite a bit of time^H^H^H^Hdays playing around with
various search engines... aspseek, mnogosearch, htdig, namazu, and finally
swish-e.  I'm somewhat satisfied with swish-e at the moment.

It is definitly not as nice as aspseek in alot of regards (results from
searching, threadability, etc) however, it does actually work, which is
alot better then having nothing like the last three months :)

[It only takes ~11 minutes to regenerate the database from 900MB of html
files that get generated from 350MB of mbox's by hypermail, sw33t!]

The next step (considering I decide to stay with swish-e :D) will be doing
some maintaince work on the archived mbox's.  Over the years, the headers
have gotten mangled (e-mails with dates from 1969, etc), spam has
collected and various other little things that are annoying.

When they get cleaned up, that will cause a slight problem.  All previous
links and urls to the archives will (problably) be incorrect.  So, an
advanced warning is problably due. :)  At the same time, I will be putting
the monthly/yearly archived mbox's back online, for users to download.

The other thing I will be looking into is getting hypermail to update the
online archives in _real time_.  That is, whenever an e-mail gets sent via
the lists, the online html archives will be regenerated.

So, anyways.. go take a look and report back your thoughs-id appreciate it ;-)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org