Newbie droppin in to say hi

Mike Choatie stargazer3451 at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 15:04:02 PDT 2002

Howdy all,
Just wanted to saye hello. I'm in the process of building my first LFS and
am thoroughly enjoying it. I've been into computers for 2 years now and
have been playing with linux for about a year. Unfortunately the first comp
I built for a linux box was totally incompatable, lesson well learned: do
your homework. So this year I built a new box for linux and must have
gotten it right because it absolutely blew win2k away in performance. Now
I'm trying my hand at LFS. i wiped a 40gig drive that had win2k on it and
now I only run linux and I love it.
 Unless your a network administrator there just isn't any challenge in using
windows ( and then the challenge is tryin keep the network  secure and
avoid infectious pc diseases lol ), and I wanted a challenge. I'm not into
flaming microsoft, I believe their product has a place in the market, I
just disapprove of their business practices. Seems therefore that linux is
a natural for me as I want a challenge plus I believe in what the os
community stands for.
  Anyway thats kind of where I stand and I appreciate all on here and the
linux community as a whole for their help and contributions. If there is
something a non-linux expert or a non-programmer can do to help I would be
glad to give something back.
Oh yeah and i'm new to newsgroups as well so if post something thats not
kosher please forgive me as it is unintentional.
--
Mike Choatie
Registered linux user #275300
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org